HUNTINGsmart! USA Knowledge Base
Module 07 - MARKSMANSHIP
Most people are right or left-handed, right? Your eyes work the same way. So let’s figure out which of your eyes is your dominant or strongest so you can start making accurate shots using your sight device.
- Hold your arms out in front of you, palms facing away from you.
- Touch the tips of your index fingers and thumbs together to form a triangle-shaped hole.
- With both eyes open, look through the triangle at an object in the distance.
- Keeping the object in sight and both eyes open, bring your hands back towards your face until they end up over one eye or the other (never losing sight of the object).
- The uncovered eye is your dominant eye.
- Check again and try covering the eye that you think is the dominant eye. The object should be blocked from your view this time.
- It’s rare, but if this test doesn’t determine a dominant eye, it could mean that you are center-dominant. Lucky duck, you can use your superhuman powers to shoot accurately using both eyes.